Friday 5 February 2010

Over to you: Mr. Bendtner



Well, it's hard not to talk about what happened last Sunday at the emirates; that was depressing wasn't it? Before the game I felt we could win but after I saw the starting line up non-inclusive of a striker I began to feel a little uncomfortable. I was reading a French magazine and in there they delightfully stated that Arsenal were taught a "lecon" by Manchester United; well the problem is Arsenal weren't taught a lesson, we had seen this abject display of buffoonery before; we saw it against Man city, we saw it against Chelsea and indeed Bolton and to an extent against West Ham and Everton; we didn't need the Man u match to know that Clichy needs a talking to, extra training sessions or something; neither did we need the 3D trumping for us to know that Almunia is not a Championship winning quality keeper; we saw all that in the Champions league final; this man cannot be trusted; he might make legend status for a club like Celta Vigo or even Cadiz or maybe Alcarcon but surely not good enough to be undisputed first choice for Arsenal. Forget Real Madrid, Arsenal has got more players who would rather back heel the ball when clear on goal rather than shoot to score.

Oh and considering Mr. Wenger told us we needed a striker then decide when you got Bendtner you don't need another striker one would think the least he could do was maybe start a striker in one of our biggest games of the season.

I can't see the future but I believe there will not be a better chance for Bendtner to prove he is and can be the world class player that he has delusions of being; for Arsenal to get back into this title race we need a massive performance from this man. Ok, I'm not getting carried away for one second, so I'm not asking for a Thierry Henry-esque or Drogba-esque or Torres-esque or Ibra-esque or even Villa-esque performance but at least the crap Emile Heskey does for England would do just fine at this point. He talks a good game and I admire his confidence but every time I see this guy I feel he is short-changing Arsenal; I mean I watched this guy from the reserves with Lupoli (now with Ascoli 3 goals in 18) and at Birmingham and also for Denmark, I feel he can go on to do big things but whenever I watch the Bendtner that turns up for Arsenal, I feel robbed. This guy can do a lot more, very good skills and great control but maybe he's talked such a good game he has put pressure on himself to perform; He seems like a player that loves to be the star attraction but at Arsenal you got to earn it; for Denmark he's like the big cheese, demands the ball when he feels like but for Arsenal he wants to do a lot too much just to impress; please keep it simple first.

I don't know if anyone remembers the game Derby vs. Arsenal at pride park like 2 seasons ago (season of the Eduardo, Gallas and Rosicky ...) Bendtner was amazing, Arsenal won 6-1 I think and he was responsible for like 5 of the goals (yes Ade scored a Hat trick), I thought he would go on from there but since that day I haven't seen a performance of that standard; but in his international performances he's got 10 goals in 31 but those goals have come in pretty big games like Germany and Portugal, he also put in a big performance against Holland.

Our season is not over yet but we need to beat Chelsea, and if we do we have very winnable games from now till the end of the season and don't forget Chelsea, Man u and Liverpool all have to meet each other, as well Villa beat Man u and Chelsea who they have to play again; there is some hope but I am an Arsenal fan who has had almost a week to use a magnifying glass to see the drops of water in the empty glass.

Any revival effort will have to include Bendtner, he is key; I also feel a bit sad for Theo I hope he can get over this injury crisis and get his confidence back; back, leg, shoulder and hamstring injuries in less than 6 months is not really funny.

I have the utmost respect for le professor but by now shouldn't Arsenal have a cabinet labelled Drogba, containing videos, wire tapped phone conversations, sleep patterns and all; how this guy keeps causing us heartache is a mystery; this man was comprehensively handled at the last African Nations Cup.

For the Chelsea game I'd love to see Gallas at left back with Thomas V and Campbell in the Centre Back position dealing with Drogba and Sagna at Right back; hopefully Diaby will be back, Denilson needs to take a gardening leave.

That’s my full-blown rant over now.

I'm too nervous to predict a score why don't you have a go?

blog comments powered by Disqus